Updated Monday, January 4
Maybe you are like us and are starting to get the itchy suitcase. Between the different announcements, you don’t know what to think. So I decided to give you an update on the countries where we have Ethik Hotels and which are open without quarantine. Well yes because the quarantine it already encroaches a lot on the vacations and if we are salaried, it is few weeks per year, we should not waste it!
This article is intended to give you ideas with the information known at a given moment T. I will update this point every month, but this does not prevent you from checking with the respective embassies to see what is going on because it changes from one minute to the next.
In addition, this does not exempt you from :
- check your insurance policy to see if you are covered in case of infection or to purchase a special one before you leave.
- sign up on the breadcrumb trail that the government site.
- comply with the health regulations in force in each country. Find out about all the terms and conditions before you leave.
And yes we start with France because when we talk about travel we often forget our beautiful country and yet there is something to be disorientated about. Today we do not have any restriction of circulation, let’s take advantage of it! At this time it is especially 2 options which are offered to you:
- The mountains with responsible hotels in the Alps and the Pyrenees. So yes you are going to tell me that the ski lifts are closed. So be it! I grant you but this is not the time to discover the mountain in a different way: cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, hiking… It may not be as fun but in any case it allows you to get some fresh air.
- If we are rather sunny, we should not forget the DOM TOM which are really favorable to this kind of vacations. Only the borders of New Caledonia are closed until the end of July 2021. Then we propose you :
For these 3 destinations: PCR test of less than 72 hours
- Spain. You will need to fill out this online form and produce a PCR test within 72 hours. For information there are curfews in force in some regions. The earliest curfew currently starts at 21h. Given the current situation in France, this leaves plenty of time to go out for dinner. Restrictions of movement between regions can also be applied, please inquire beforehand if you wish to travel.
- Italy. For travelers coming from France you must complete this questionnaire, present a PCR test within 48 hours and register with the competent authorities. A cover is also in place between 10:00 pm and 5:00 am, that leaves time to enjoy a good pizza (to go as restaurants close at 6:00 pm) followed by a gelato no? Finally, as in France, museums and theaters are closed.
- Poland. Borders are open without PCR test at the entrance. Note that there is no quarantine for those who come by car (this is not the case for arrivals by plane until January 17th) and for people vaccinated against Covid 19. Please note that restaurants and hotels are closed until January 17th for the moment.
- Portugal. There are no entry restrictions for European Union nationals in Continental Portugal. However, a temperature reading by thermal camera is performed upon arrival in the country and you must fill out this form. For Madeira and the Azores, you must present a PCR test of less than 72 hours.
- Switzerland. The borders are open for all French people without a PCR test or medical certificate. Restrictive measures can be applied for other origins. Restaurants, museums, theaters (…) are closed for the moment until January 22nd.
- South Africa. It is necessary to have a PCR test dated less than 72 hours and to submit to a temperature reading upon arrival. You will also have to download the COVID Alert South Africa application on your phone. Finally, a compulsory insurance is also required to enter the country. In addition, there is currently a curfew in place between 10 or 11 pm (depending on the sector) and 4 am.
- Cape Verde. It is also necessary to present a PCR test that is less than 72 hours old when entering the country. A test may also be required in the case of inter-island boat connections. It should be noted that the island of Fogo has been classified in a state of “sanitary calamity” and that restrictions may therefore apply more particularly there.
- Malawi. A test of less than 10 days is required on arrival and a second test can be done at the airport on a random basis. Bars and restaurants are subject to early closure at 8:00 and 9:00 p.m., respectively.
- Morocco. A PCR test of less than 72 hours is required as well as proof of reservation in a hotel establishment. It should be noted that a curfew is in effect between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m. and that shops, cafés and restaurants close at 8 p.m.
- Tanzania. No test is mandatory upon arrival in the country. A passenger with Covid symptoms on arrival can be tested for PCR at the airport. However, you should check with your airline or travel agency about the sanitary conditions to be respected for your stopovers.
- Belize. A minus 96 h PCR test is required upon entry into the country (if you do not have a PCR test, another test result, approved by the Ministry, of less than 48 h is also accepted). A second test may be performed by the authorities upon entry into the country. You must also download the Belize Travel Health App, fill out the form on it and bring proof that you will be staying at one of the government-approved hotels. A curfew is also in place between 8:00 p.m. and 5:00 a.m.
- Costa Rica. There is no longer a need to present a negative PCR test within 72 hours to enter Costa Rica. Nevertheless, it is necessary to fill out this form and to subscribe to a mandatory insurance (approximately 10$ per day and per person) covering the costs related to Covid 19 for at least 14 days.
- Guatemala. In order to enter the country you must present a PCR test that is less than 72 hours old and complete this form.
- Panama. It is necessary to present a PCR or antigenic test less than 48 hours old. If you do not have one, a test will be performed at the airport (50$). It should be noted that a confinement has been set up from January 4th to 14th and that tourists do not have access to the Guna Yala and Ngöbe-Buglé regions for the moment.
- Dominican Republic. There is no need for PCR testing for entry into the Dominican Republic, however a temperature check on all passengers and a random breath test are performed by the local authorities at the airport. It is also necessary to complete this health form. The government pays for travelers’ health insurance (medical care, tests, extension of accommodation and the cost of changing flight dates).
- Brazil. Since December 30, it is imperative to present a negative PCR test of less than 72 hours upon arrival in the country.
- Colombia. It is not necessary to present a PCR test. However, you must fill in the entry form between 24 hours and 1 hour before arrival, download the CoronAPP application and fill in the requested information.
- The Maldives. This form must be completed 24 hours before your departure and there is an obligation to present a PCR test less than 96 hours before your arrival.
I have reviewed the possibilities that are open to you to date, but I repeat, please inquire about the conditions in effect at the time of purchasing your tickets. In addition, ask your insurance company about the coverage you have.
We, we opted for Guadeloupe and Marie Galante, let’s hope that this can be done without any problem. And you, where are you going? Tell us everything!
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)